Monday, October 20, 2008

Why is McCain Losing?

Money? The Economy? Bush? The Media? I think all of these factors are pushing Obama over the top. Less than a month until the election and we have an economic crisis that the media is comparing to the Great Depression as well as linking it to the Bush Administration. Plus, Obama has a 3 to 1 money advantage to pound this incorrect message the media is formulating to the mass public. You can read prior inputs in this blog to see why the above message is false. Besides, I want to throw one other thing into the equation as to why McCain is losing and that is organization. The Obama camp has been very organized and that may be because of money. The Obama camp is getting young voters registered and interested in the election. Republicans have no one to blame but themselves because they have not been able to come up with a clear message and rid themselves of the Bush Administration stigma. I live in a fairly conservative region in Colorado. However, who has come knocking on my doors? Who has called me? Who has filled my mailbox with propaganda? The Democrats! Everyday this past week I have been somehow reached out to by Democrats with some type of correspondence. I have yet to get one piece of correspondence from any Republican. Once again this may have something to do with money. However, I am not totally convinced. I have personally contacted the McCain campaign in Colorado and nationally through his web site to volunteer. I have contacted the local Congressman directly (been to his office) to volunteer. I have reached out at least a dozen times to volunteer for McCain and got nothing in return. I have taken matters in my own hands by making calls from the McCain web page phone bank. I have not even gotten a response for doing that. It is as if they are discombobulated. Elections are won by volunteers. Who ever can organize the best ground attack wins and to do that you need a lot of volunteers. Either McCain or his incompetent staff has not figured that out or they do not care. I doubt it is the latter. I am confounded as to why they will not sign me up to volunteer. I keep thinking it is because I am an independent, but you need to win over independents to win this election. If someone knows what is going on with the Republican Party and the McCain campaign, please let me know. I think conservative columnist Bill Kristol got it right by saying the entire McCain staff should be fired.

McCain has seemed to have several lives in this election cycle. He was left for dead in the Republican primaries. He was left for dead after the Democratic Convention. He has come back before, but time is running out on him to pull another miracle.

No comments: