Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Chaos

Today, I volunteered as a poll watcher for the McCain Camp in Colorado. The first time I tried to call in with an update at my poll, the line was flooded with hundreds of Republican poll watchers reporting problems. It seems the Democrats were not following the state rules for poll watchers. The rules state that only one poll watcher is allowed for each party at each precinct. At a high majority of the precincts the Democrats had sent multiple poll watchers. In fact, at on precinct, there were 11 Democrat poll watchers.

I have always heard from the media that Republicans used intimidation to disenfranchise minority voters. However, my first day in the election day process illustrated to me that Democrats also play the intimidation game. Why else would violate a simple rule? We have heard how organized his campaign is, so then why have 2, 3, 4 or even 11 poll watchers show up to strategic precincts?

No comments: